Disclosure: I worked for the Lamont campaign doing web design and production and some writing for the official blog (from 9/5/06 to 11/07/06).

Friday, September 29, 2006

 

Joe Lieberman (R)

It's not just Mel Sembler.

According to Robert Novak, the entire Republican establishment is coalescing around the Lieberman Party... in the hopes that it will pay off:

GWB for Joe

George W. Bush moved a step closer to Democratic Sen. Joseph Lieberman's re-election bid in Connecticut as an independent candidate when Tom Kuhn, the president's college roommate and close friend, co-sponsored a Lieberman fund-raising luncheon Thursday in downtown Washington.

Kuhn, president of the Edison Electric Institute, raised more than $100,000 for Bush in the 2000 and 2004 presidential campaigns. Also among the Lieberman event's sponsors was Rick Shelby, a longtime Republican operative who currently is executive vice president of the American Gas Association.

The luncheon's sponsors pressed fellow Republican lobbyists to pay a minimum of $1,000 a ticket. Lieberman has announced he will stay in the Democratic caucus if re-elected. But Republicans backing him against antiwar candidate Ned Lamont, the Democratic nominee, hope for a change of heart by Lieberman.

Comments:
I know it may be hard to understand, but many people believe that the war against Islamo-facists is a difining issue of our time. And while any good republican would always rather have a republican in a given seat, if that is not possible, then the next best thing is a democrat that actually is right on the difining issue.
 
next time i will spell defining correctly
 
Here's your hat and coat, Joe. Do you have to go so soon?
 
Joe Lieberman (R State of Denial)

Woodward also tells Wallace that aged Republican war-horse Henry Kissinger is closely advising Bush, telling him there is no exit strategy other than victory.

"Woodward adds. 'This is so fascinating. Kissinger's fighting the Vietnam War again because, in his view, the problem in Vietnam was we lost our will.' . . .


Don't Buy The Lie.
 
has the lamont campaign covered how joe is the biggest pusher of "tort reform" legislation? these things are designed to protect corporate interests, not consumers. the devil is in the details. statistics lie when they fail to convey how joe may vote liberal 90% of the time, but it's that remaining 10% betrayal that'll kill ya. this is one of things where 10% weighs more than 90.

it's disgusting how joe can be depended up to consistantly stick it to the working class. no wonder the righwing loves him.
 
lemme guess john, you're a plaintiff's lawyer. lol
 
Post a Comment



<< Home