Disclosure: I worked for the Lamont campaign doing web design and production and some writing for the official blog (from 9/5/06 to 11/07/06).

Monday, June 19, 2006

 

Gore Refuses to Endorse Lieberman

Heh.

"I am not involved. I typically do not get involved in Democratic primaries. Joe is my close friend, Joe and Hadassah are close to Tipper and me and it would be very difficult for me to ever oppose him. But I don't get involved in primaries typically. He's a great guy and he's right on a lot of other issues."


Interesting, because Gore had no problem "getting involved" in a primary by endorsing Howard Dean against Joe Lieberman in December 2003.
Comments:
"Interesting, because Gore had no problem "getting involved" in a primary by endorsing Howard Dean against Joe Lieberman in December 2003."

And he was nearly laughed out of public life for it. I liked Dean, but even at the time I knew it was a bad move for Gore. If it wasn't for his excellent movie, I'd still think he was a moron for doing that.
 
I posted the first comment and agree that Dean was a good candidate and could have won. I'm still quite certain, though, that it was a bad idea for Al Gore to get behind Dean before anyone had voted. Basically in his endorsement, he told the other contenders to pack it in. Not a smart move.
 
That I don't think is fair. One was a national race where Gore has some standing to say who he thinks is best.

This is a state-level election, and it's not a state Gore has any standing to pontificate on. I'd view it as profoundly silly if anyone, from the Clinton(s) to Gore to Kerry, got involved in this race. It's not their piece of dirt.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home