Disclosure: I worked for the Lamont campaign doing web design and production and some writing for the official blog (from 9/5/06 to 11/07/06).

Friday, September 15, 2006

 

Sen. Lieberman Still Mum On Iraq

In a 2,600+ word speech on "national security" this morning, Sen. Lieberman did not mention the word "Iraq" once, according to his prepared remarks.

So much for Iraq being a central part of the "war on terror." It didn't even merit a single mention in a major address on the topic.

Meanwhile, Ned Lamont held a press conference in Hartford today with Mayor DeStefano and State House Maj. Leader Chris Donovan, calling Sen. Lieberman out on his missed votes on homeland security funding:

Lamont on Friday also chastised Lieberman for missing what he said were key Senate votes on homeland security, a theme he has echoed throughout the week. He said Connecticut gets less homeland security funding than its neighbors.

"We need people down there in Washington D.C. who are going to be fighting for the state of Connecticut, fighting for our rightful share," he said. "You'd hope that the ranking member of the Homeland Security Committee would be able to do more for us."

Comments:
OMG, not even a mention of Iraq. On quick perusal, I think this is my favorite quote: "We have brought many members of al-Qaeda and other terrorist groups to justice". How many convictions Joe? ZERO. Thanks so much!

J
 
No Show Joe® it is!

Joe "Voting Is Partisan™" Lieberman:

"I've never seen a vote I couldn't miss."
 
DINO Joe

[To: "Jambalaya"]

DINO Joe, he gotta go, me-o, my-o.
Stuck like glue to Double-U, makes me cry-o.
As if he won, he's gonna run, me-o, my-o.
Son-of-a-gun, it's time he's done, say "good-bye-o."

CHO:

Joe-bye-bye, in your eye, what a loser,
Sings the blues on TV news, what a snoozer.
G.O.P. star, loves the war, me-o, my-o.
Son-of-a-gun, it's time he's done, say "good-bye-o."

People's vote sticks in his throat, can't take losin',
Second place, do-over race is what he's choosin'.
Keep his seat, with no retreat, that's what he's thinking;'
I wanna know, DINO Joe, what you been drinkin'?

REPEAT CHO:

©2006 Bob Clayton & Ed Drone
 
We'll see if his "me no mention Iraq" strategery works come November.

Obviously he's pandering for votes.
 
"Showless Joe" could also work as a moniker for Lieberman.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home