Disclosure: I worked for the Lamont campaign doing web design and production and some writing for the official blog (from 9/5/06 to 11/07/06).
Friday, July 07, 2006
Friday Afternoon Round-Up
Really everything since the debate has been one big "round-up." But here's some more:
- Ned was on Air America this afternoon. The Resource is on top of it as usual.
- Come out and meet Ned this weekend! Saturday in East Hampton and the Sailfest in New London, Sunday at the Puerto Rican day parade in Bridgeport, a picnic in Southbury, and in West Hartford.
- The "War Room" at Salon has a fun but very difficult quiz: which quotes were from Bush last night, and which were from Lieberman? (Click through the ad to play for free). I only scored 5 out of 8, tying Tim.
- Philip Weiss weighs in at the NY Observer, talking more about the dubious relationship between Lieberman and "courage."
- Enigmatic Paradox argues that Lamont's main weakness in the debate - his lack of polish - was also his strength, showing him to be so obviously outside the mess in D.C. these days. Agreed.
- Just in: Lieberman to pledges to support "whichever party elects me." Says his "Plan C" is to "run in all 50 states." (Believed it for a second, right?)
Brian Lehrer had some debate excerpts and open phones on the race on Friday. There was so little enthusiasm for Lieberman that they had to announce special phone lines for Lieberman people, and only one Republican called in.
Lieberman openly embraced Reagan yesterday.Post a Comment