Disclosure: I worked for the Lamont campaign doing web design and production and some writing for the official blog (from 9/5/06 to 11/07/06).

Friday, July 14, 2006

 

Quote of the Day

"[Gov. Rell] shouldn't have commented on it at all. I don't comment on her messes. By the way, I could."

- Republican senate candidate Alan Schlesinger to TPMmuckraker's Justin Rood, on Gov. Rell's calls for him to consider withdrawing from the race.

Again, it's not clear what the Republicans are up to here, whether they want to substitute a stronger candidate or want to endorse Lieberman. Either way, unless they have more to dump on Schlesinger, it's not looking like it's going to work.
Comments:
Wow - Schlesinger seems a lot more reasonable than Lieberman. But then again I guess that's not saying much.
 
Hartford, I think it's likely that the Republican Party leadership want Lieberman too, although they're not going to endorse him. So that makes things even stranger.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home