Disclosure: I worked for the Lamont campaign doing web design and production and some writing for the official blog (from 9/5/06 to 11/07/06).

Monday, April 10, 2006

 

DSCC: Support the Democratic Candidate in CT

The AP gets Joe's clearest statement to date on whether he will leave the Democratic party:

"I have not foreclosed the option," Lieberman said at a news conference at the Capitol. "If I wanted to run as an independent, I would. I'm running as a Democrat. I've been a Democrat all my life."


He's "been a Democrat all his life," but considers the opinion of Democratic voters meaningless. And he's now courting these same voters.

Loyalty is not a one-way street, Joe.

Tell the DSCC that you will not support them if they support a candidate who would rather bolt the party than support a fellow Democrat in November:

Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee
Phone (202) 224-2447
Fax (202) 969-0354
Comments:
Joe has got to GO!
 
Call the DSCC,
==> AND ALSO call Connecticut Democratic Party chairwoman Nancy DiNardo!

Today I called the national DSCC and I said to them that in light of the fact that it is now clear in black & white (ie, in an NYT article today) that Lieberman will not rule out a run as an independent and thus may run as an OPPONENT of the Democratic Party, that it is therefore my request as a registered CT Democrat that from this point on the DSCC should remain strictly neutral regarding the Lieberman-Lamont race, ie, the DSCC should not be in the business of supporting potential opponents of the Democratic Party like Lieberman. (I also called Lieberman's office today and told them what I said to the DSCC; I did such because Lieberman's office staff must be informed directly as to what a disloyal self-absorbed dork Lieberman now looks like, and how P-O'ed we are at him!)

I also called the Connecticut Democratic Party and left a message for their chairwoman (and big Lieberman supporter) Nancy DiNardo, and I essentially expressed the same sentiment, ie, considering that it is now clear that Lieberman could run as an independent and thus could run as an opponent of the Connecticut Democratic Party, that from this point on the Connecticut Democratic Party and Nancy DiNardo herself should cease all such public declarations of support for Lieberman.

So, in addition to calling the DSCC, please also call Nancy DiNardo (ask to leave a message for her specifically) at: 860 560-1775.

We need to keep giving these inner circle Dem party machine types he** about Lieberman!

PS: I also said this to Nancy DiNardo in reference to her NYT quote today that "He's [Lieberman's] always been a good Democrat", to which I said, GOOD DEMOCRATS DO NOT ENTERTAIN THE POSSIBILITY OF RUNNING AGAINST THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY AS AN INDEPENDENT, AND GOOD DEMOCRATS DO NOT RUN AGAINST THE WILL OF THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY RANK-AND-FILE AS EXPRESSED VIA A PRIMARY!!

So, let's keep the pressure on these pro-Lieberman Dem party machine types like the DSCC in DC and Nancy DiNardo here in CT and let them know that the whole world is now watching them!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home