Disclosure: I worked for the Lamont campaign doing web design and production and some writing for the official blog (from 9/5/06 to 11/07/06).

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

 

"Progressive" Joe

You can tell Joe's progressive, cause the word "progressive" is spelled out in big capital letters on the second page of some literature his campaign has been handing out.

Never mind that this dedicated "progressive" may be planning on leaving the Democratic party in a matter of weeks, that this claim relies almost solely on the distorted ratings from issue groups that Paul Bass debunked the other day, or that other claims made in the text are outright lies. Some highlights:

A few pages of the literature (click for larger versions):
page 1page 2page 4page 6

Comments:
"He supports Connecticut's Civil Union Law..."

Oh? Is that a fact?

The same cannot be said of his views on Connecticut's landmark civil unions law, passed last spring.

Do you support it? we asked.

"Yeah," he said. "I've said this all along, I've said this in regard to the Defense of Marriage Act, which I supported, and some of the gay marriage laws, which I opposed, and the constitutional amendment to essentially prohibit states from enacting gay marriage rights."

Come again?

Kearney: Would you have voted for the civil unions law?

"I don't...I honestly don't know because I haven't looked at it closely enough. I'll be happy to do so if you want me to. I followed it and it seemed to have broad bipartisan support, and therefore I accept it."

Well, stop the presses! In a follow-up email sent by his staff, Lieberman wanted to let us know that he "does support the bill as passed."

from an interview earlier this year
 
thirdparty,

You know who else tried to pull this stunt of NOT mention her support of Bush's Iraq war?

Hillary the Hawk, during her horrible, self-serving, dishonest, pre-acceptance film last week in Buffalo.

Not a peep about her vote to give Bushco the throttles up signal to invade Iraq.

These DINO scumbags make me sick and they are not going to get away with it.
 
lieberblogger,

Nice try, but at this point, quoting the Human Rights Campaign is akin to reading Karl Rove's talking points memo.

Lieberman (and the HRC) are in big trouble.
.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home