Disclosure: I worked for the Lamont campaign doing web design and production and some writing for the official blog (from 9/5/06 to 11/07/06).

Thursday, April 20, 2006

 

Lieberman Airs Defensive TV Ads

Feeling the heat:

The two 60-second spots, running statewide, highlight Lieberman's record on key Democratic issues such as abortion, energy independence, environmental protection and increased education funding.

One also touches on Lieberman's support of the war in Iraq - a position that has angered many activist Democrats and helped fuel a challenge by Democrat and Greenwich businessman Ned Lamont.

"I already know that some of you feel passionately against my position in Iraq. I respect your views, and while we probably won't change each others' minds, I hope we can still have a dialogue and find common ground on all the issues where we do agree," Lieberman says in the TV spot.


It's a little difficult to "have a dialogue" with voters when you barely appear in public in your own state.
Comments:
"I already know that some of you feel passionately against my position in Iraq. I respect your views, and while we probably won't change each others' minds, I hope we can still have a dialogue and find common ground on all the issues where we do agree,"

Joe still doesn't get it. While he thinks we can agree to disagree over Iraq, people are DYING there. My cousin is over there right now. I don't want to just disagree about whether he comes home. I WANT HIM HOME NOW!
 
Swan is right about this I think. Joe was never dynamic but these make him look him too apologetic and lethargic. I wonder what the reasoning behind them was.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home